Heavy Duty Technician - Nisku
We are the best at what we do so what are you waiting for?
The Calmont Group is growing and we would love for you to come and grow with us!
For nearly 50 years, Calmont Group, a growing Canadian-based company with branches in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering best-in-class transportation solutions to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Calmont Group is comprised of Calmont Leasing Ltd., Calmont Truck Centre Ltd., Calmont Equipment Ltd., and Carter Lease and Rentals.
What we offer:
Employer paid Health and Dental plans
Employee Assistance Program
Great Team Environment
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join our team and experience a rewarding work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. We are currently accepting resumes from organized and team-oriented individuals who are looking for a career as a Heavy Duty Service Technician - JM at our Calmont Truck Center location - Nisku, AB.
As a Heavy Duty Technician, you will be responsible for providing efficient and quality service, repairs, adjustments and maintenance of light and heavy duty trucks as assigned by the Shop Foreman. Other job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining work orders from Shop Foreman and review them to ensure understanding.
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Diagnose the source of any faults and malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Performing work as noted on work order and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems with accuracy and efficiency.
- Examining vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is needed.
- Testing repaired vehicles for proper performance to ensure that completed work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Completing detailed written report for the completion of work order.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 – 3 years of heavy duty on-road experience.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License considered an asset.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
Excellent attention to detail with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a challenge, then this may be the opportunity for you. At Calmont, we believe in a healthy work-life balance and we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, along with a first class benefits package for the correct individual.