Parts Counter Person - Calgary
We are the best at what we do so what are you waiting for?
The Calmont Group is growing and we would love for you to come and grow with us!
For nearly 50 years, Calmont Group, a growing Canadian-based company with branches in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering best-in-class transportation solutions to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Calmont Group is comprised of Calmont Leasing Ltd., Calmont Truck Centre Ltd., Calmont Equipment Ltd., and Carter Lease and Rentals.
What we offer:
Employer paid Health and Dental plans
Employee Assistance Program
Great Team Environment
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. Calmont Truck Centre at our Calgary location is currently accepting resumes from organized, team-oriented individuals who are looking for a career as a Parts Counter Person.
As a Parts Counter Person, you will manage and dispense parts inventories, including automotive and heavy duty. Other job duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Handling incoming parts inquiries from internal and external customers via phone, email or in person.
· Determining customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
· Recommending alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
· Increasing sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on-sales and offering promotional sale items.
· Accurately processing customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
· Maintaining accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
· Performing weekly cycle counts as well as monthly and yearly inventory counts.
· Apply core standards to returns; classify cores according to vendor programs.
· Performing other related duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Minimum of 1-2 years related industry experience.
· Experience with a computerized inventory system (ADP) considered an asset.
· Knowledge and experience with MS Word and Excel.
· Strong customer service, troubleshooting and communication skills, with experience analyzing and resolving customer service and client issues.
· Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and organize workload.
· Excellent attention to detail with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.