PDI/Rig Up Technician - Edmonton
We are the best at what we do so what are you waiting for?
The Calmont Group is growing and we would love for you to come and grow with us!
For nearly 50 years, Calmont Group, a growing Canadian-based company with branches in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering best-in-class transportation solutions to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Calmont Group is comprised of Calmont Leasing Ltd., Calmont Truck Centre Ltd., Calmont Equipment Ltd., and Carter Lease and Rentals.
What we offer:
Employer paid Health and Dental plans
Employee Assistance Program
Great Team Environment
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. We are currently accepting resumes from dedicated and energetic individuals who are looking for a position as a PDI/ Rig Up Technician at our Calmont Truck Centre Location in Edmonton.
As a PDI/ Rig Up Technician, your primary responsibility is to install accessories on class 8 tractor new and used. You will be able to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Some job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Check vehicle components for proper operation.
- Completing PDI check lists.
- Install headache racks, mud flaps, fenders, beacon lights, chain hangers and other aftermarket truck accessories.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to the supervisor or manager.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required, class 3 considered an asset.
- Experience with hand tools.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic welding experience an asset.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- HET ticket is an asset but not necessary.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
If you are energetic and hardworking, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you! At Calmont we believe in a healthy work-life balance and we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, along with a first class benefits package for the correct individual.